Do you remember my posts about specially wrapped trains promoting GREEN×EXPO 2027 on the Yokohama Municipal Subway? Today, I’d like to share a similar wrapped train on Tokyu Railway.
・What is GREEN×EXPO 2027?
GREEN×EXPO 2027 is an upcoming international horticultural exposition to be held in Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture. Today marks 220 days until the event opens. As I understand it, it will be more than just a flower exhibition; it will also showcase advanced green technologies.
The venue is close to several stations served by Sagami Railway, the Yokohama Municipal Subway, and Tokyu Railway. I hope for a vibrant and cheerful event, but at the same time, I am concerned about train congestion during the event.
・Railway operators’ contribution
The Yokohama Municipal Subway has been operating special wrapped trains promoting GREEN×EXPO 2027 on the Blue and Green Lines since autumn 2025. Meanwhile, Sagami Railway (Sotetsu) has been operating a special wrapped train, “Let’s Go by Sotetsu!,” since May this year. (I will write about it in a future post.)
・Tokyu’s wrapped trains
Tokyu introduced three sets of wrapped trains, “The Tokyu Green Lifestyle Trains,” for the Toyoko, Den-en-toshi, and Meguro Lines this summer. These trains promote GREEN×EXPO 2027, with a particular focus on the Tokyu Group Pavilion.
・Photographing the Tokyu Green Lifestyle Train
I chose Set 4103 of the 5050 series EMU as my first subject and headed to Ryokuentoshi Station on the Sotetsu Izumino Line. There was no particular reason. I just felt like photographing a train emerging from a tunnel this time.
For your information, trains on the Tokyu Toyoko Line sometimes run directly onto the Sotetsu Izumino Line. I waited eagerly for the wrapped train to emerge from the pitch-black tunnel beside the station.
・Impression of the Tokyu Green Lifestyle Train
Now, please look at the photo above. The blue-and-green wrapped train is beautiful, isn’t it?
In particular, I loved the cute mascot character of the Tokyu Group Pavilion, “Miraidane (Seed for the Future)” (see the photo below). However, the official mascot of GREEN×EXPO 2027, “Tunk Tunk,” was not featured on the train. That was a little sad.
It would have been even better if I could have seen Miraidane and Tunk Tunk getting along.