Saturday 29 July 2023

Tama Riverside Walking, Part 9: Keio-Inadazutsumi

EMU Toei 10-300 series crosses Tama River on the Keio-Sagamihara line

The Japan Meteorological Agency made an announcement that this year's rainy season ended on July 22nd in the Tokyo metropolitan area. It means that the 2023 mid-summer has begun. It's very hot every day, but I visited Tama River again, and enjoyed strolling blown by the south wind. My destination this time was Keio-Inadazutsumi. Keio Electric Railway has two railway bridges over Tama River. One is on the Keio main line, and the other one is on the Keio-Sagamihara line. My destination this time was the latter.

As soon as I reached the embankment, what jumped into my eyes was a double-track railway bridge on the Keio-Sagamihara line. The other landmark was the bicycle racing track on the other side of the river. One more, I saw a man who was sitting on the bank under intense sunlight. It's surprising that he was concentrating on the fishing in that heat.

A stainless-steel train with a light-green-colored stripe was soon approaching the bridge. That was the EMU 10-300 series, directly operated from the Toei-Shinjuku line. The 10-300 series was launched in 2005 replacing the old 10-000 series. There are several types of the 10-300 series. The top photo is the fourth batch train. It has two separate frontal lights on the lower part of its "face". Thick green and dark blue colored stripes are seen on the face. After shooting several shots of trains, I found that I was drenched in sweat. I had no room to talk about the angler.

EMU Keio 9000 series crosses Tama River on the Keio-Sagamihara line