Saturday 6 March 2021

The Ocean View Plum Grove on the Keikyu Line

EMU Keikyu 600 series travels on the Keikyu main line

After my visit to a plum grove in the neighborhood, it made me want to go to the other plum grove. In this season, there are many fully blooming plum groves in the Tokyo metropolitan area, so, I couldn't make up my mind which one to choose for visiting next. Eventually, my family chose Taura Ume-no-sato (Taura Plum Village) as our next destination.Taura Plum Village is located about 50 km southwest of Tokyo. From mid-February to mid-March, over 2,000 plum trees in total are fully blooming. Visitors can enjoy the advent of spring in their own way. I enjoyed the fully blooming plum trees backed by the blue sky and the blue ocean. It was very beautiful.

To get to Taura Plum Village, we took the Keikyu main line from Shinagawa terminal in Tokyo and got off at Anjinzuka station. On the way back to the station, I enjoyed taking photographs over a short period of time along the railway track between Anjinzuka and Keikyu-Taura stations. I could shoot a Keikyu train coming out of the number 14 tunnel. My target was the EMU 600 series. The 600 series is a Keikyu commuter train launched in 1994. It has comfortable cross seats in the cabin to provide passengers with good services. 14 sets, 88 cars in total, were built by Tokyu Sharyo and Kawasaki Heavy Industries. The 600 series is directly operated onto the Toei-Asakusa, Keisei, Hokuso and other lines.

I enjoyed an early spring mood on the Keikyu line.

Taura Ume-no-sato (Taura Plum Village)