Saturday 4 April 2020

The Ninth Anniversary of Tokyo Railway Labyrinth

EMU Tokyo Metro 16000 series arrives at Chitose-Funabashi station on the Odakyu line

My blog has its ninth anniversary next week. I thank all my blog readers for visiting this website over the last nine years. I received a lot of emails from my blog readers, but sorry, I recently can't reply at all, because I have lots of work to do. Please wait until I can make time. In commemoration of the ninth anniversary, I'm going to show you a railway line with the number "9" in the name.

Subway line 9 in Tokyo is generally called the Chiyoda line. To be more accurate, most Tokyoites don't know that the Chiyoda line is officially described as Subway line 9 in "Railway Directly", which is the official handbook regarding Japanese railways.

The Chiyoda line was opened in 1969 as the sixth subway route in Tokyo. Connecting Yoyogi-Uehara and Kita-Ayase, the total operating length is 24 kilometers. The trains are directly operated onto the JR East Joban and the Odakyu lines. A total of 1.11 million passengers take this route each day. To operate this urban trunk subway line, more than 60 sets of trains are required every day. They are covered by the Tokyo Metro 16000, 05 series, the Odakyu 4000, 60000 series and the JR East 233-2000 series. My office is located near Otemachi station on the Chiyoda line, so that I also often use it together with the Odakyu line.

Subway line 9... I appreciate its continuous support for my commuting.

EMU Tokyo Metro 05 series stands at Kita-Ayase station on the Chiyoda line