Wednesday 17 April 2024

Advent of Spring on the Keisei Line

EMU Keisei 3000 series passes through a vast tulip field near Keisei-Usui station

I'm continuing railway mini-travels to find the advent of spring. My next destination was a vast tulip field located in Sakura City of Chiba Prefecture, about 60 kilometers east of Tokyo.

I got off at Keisei-Usui station on the Keisei main line, and headed to the bank of Kashima River. After strolling for about 30 minutes, a windmill jumped into my eyes and in time, I could see the whole tulip field. Where am I? Is this the Netherlands? Joking aside, I fully enjoyed this colorful tulip field for a while. The even more good news was that I could shoot the tulip field backed by Keisei trains, because the tulip field was located near the Keisei line track. An 8-cars train, the EMU Keisei 3000 series, was passing through the numerous colorful tulips. They are red, yellow, pink, white and so on. The railway track is separated by a road, so, you can see several automobiles are in the foreground of the train, but never mind. What's more important was that I didn't worry about backlighting, as it was a cloudy day. Luck was on my side.

For your information, the EMU Keisei 3000 series is the main fleet of the Keisei commuter trains. A total of 326 cars, were built by Tokyu Sharyo (present J-TREC) and Nippon Sharyo between 2002 and 2019. The EMU Shinkeisei-N800 series, Hokuso 7500 series, and Chiba New Town Railway 9200 series have the same technical specifications as the Keisei 3000 series.

Is this the Netherlands?