Sunday 14 April 2024

2024 Sakura Season on the Inokashira Line

Set 1755 of the EMU Keio 1000 series approaches Takaido station

On March 29th, the Meteorological Agency of Japan declared that this year's sakura (cherry) blossoms had started blooming in Tokyo. That was five days later than most other years. The agency then reported that they fully blossomed on April 4th. As I posted before, Japanese people harbor special emotions towards cherry blossoms. We are also reminded of the emptiness of life seeing the beautiful blossoms dropping only a week after they fully blossom. Cherry blossom viewing is a part of Japanese culture. This year, I visited Takaido station on the Keio-Inokashira line. As I introduced you before, there are plenty of cherry trees on both sides of the tracks around this station.

After getting off at the station, I started strolling on the bank of Kanda River, which runs parallel to the Inokashira line. While strolling, I came across a group of kindergarten pupils and their teachers. It brought back my childhood memories, because I also went to a kindergarten nearby Takaido station. It's already a long time ago. Here is a place filled with my memories. The trains have totally changed, but the beauty of the cherry blossoms hasn't changed. I could take many trains and cherry blossom pictures in little time from the river bank and the station platform. I tried to change the atmosphere of the photos this year. Full blown cherry trees, which were reflecting on the front windows of the EMU 1000 series, is my most favorite picture on that day. Spring is here!

Cherry blossoms reflect on the front windows of Set 1777 of the EMU 1000 series