Monday 10 April 2023

2023 Cherry Blossom Season: The Keio-Inokashira Line

1751F of the EMU Keio 1000 series travels on the Inokashira line

After visiting the Toei-Arakawa line, I moved to the Keio-Inokashira line to continue enjoying the 2023 cherry blossom season. My destination was Takaido, where I visited for the first time in four years.

Let me review the Keio-Inokashira line and Takaido station. The Inokashira line is Keio Electric Railway's short commuter route connecting Shibuya and Kichijoji terminals. The line length is 12.7 kilometers. The track is 1,067 mm-wide and double. The electric system is 1,500 V DC with overhead catenaries. Takaido is the twelfth station from Shibuya terminal. It's located within a residential area of Tokyo Metropolis, and close to my kindergarten. Although I went to kindergarten by school bus at that time, I sometimes used a train, if the school bus didn't run. It's already a long time ago.

There're cherry trees along the track of the Inokashira line. I admired the blossoms in full bloom from the platform of the station and a railway crossing near the station. They were shining under the morning sun light. Spring was in full swing. I was also able to take many train photos against the cherry blossoms. I'm posting two images on behalf of the EMU 1000 series trains. The top photo is bluish-green-colored 1751F (set 1751) from the 1st batch trains; meanwhile, the bottom photo is light-green-colored 1782F (set 1782) from the 6th batch trains. Please confirm that the shapes of the LED destination display on the front are different. Did you enjoy the cherry blossoms and trainspotting in the two photos?

1782F of the EMU Keio 1000 series arrives at Takaido station