Friday 7 April 2017

The 6 Series for the 6th Anniversary

EMU JR East E6 series leaves Akita Station on the Akita Shinkansen

Tokyo Railway Labyrinth has its sixth anniversary today. I thank all my blog readers for visiting this website and sending comments to me over the last six years. Sorry, it has taken me so long to respond to you, as I have been very busy. Currently, I update my blog once every three days. I want to update more frequently, but this is all I can do at this moment. In commemoration of the 6th anniversary, I am going to show you a train with number "6" in the name.

The EMU JR East E6 series is a high speed "mini-shinkansen" train for the Tohoku and the Akita Shinkansen. It was launched in 2013 to replace the old Shinkansen train, the E3 series. The E6 series is coupled with the E5 series, and operated from Tokyo to Morioka Station on the Tohoku Shinkansen. The E6 series is, then, detached after arriving at Morioka Station, and travels by itself to Akita Station, because the route between Morioka and Akita is constructed as a so-called Mini-shinkansen. It means that the standard sized shinkansen trains, such as the E2, E4 and the E5 series, are unable to enter the mini-shinkansen sections. 

The E6 series is comfortable to ride in. It is much better than that of the E3 series, although its maximum speed was raised up from 275 to 320 km/h. It is probably because the many advanced technologies, such as the anti-rolling device, are introduced to their bogies.

Side view of the E6 series