Monday 25 May 2020

2020 Spring on the Odakyu Line

EMU Odakyu 30000 series, Romance Car "EXE", comes out from the tunnel

Although, new coronavirus cases are steadily decreasing, the governor of Tokyo still announces that we should refrain from any nonessential and non-urgent outings just in case. Having said that, I regularly have to go to an eye doctor for a check-up. That recently happened.

On the way back home, I found two energetic maple trees on a pathway to Umegaoka station on the Odakyu line. They were next to each other, and the contrast of their colors was magnificent. One was light green, and the other was red. Specifically, the red colored maple tree in this season was quite rare to be called "spring maple". I was in luck.

After arriving at the station, I tried to take train photographs for a short while. It's my favorite spot because we can see a tunnel entrance of a double-double track line. What's coming out from the tunnel? Three minutes later, the EMU 30000 series, Romance Car "EXE", appeared on the express line. It filed past me at top speed. The shining gold colored body was very cool. I was in luck again. EXE is the first multipurpose Romance Car that was commissioned in 1996. 7 sets (70 cars) were built by Nippon Sharyo and Kawasaki Heavy Industries. One set of the train can be broken up into 6 and 4 car sections to enhance operational flexibility as a multipurpose Romance Car.

The energetic maple trees and the shining Romance Car, I could enjoy a happy spring moment.

Two kinds of maple trees are seen near Umegaoka station on the Odakyu line