Friday 6 March 2020

Memories of Japanese Azalea Community in 2019

EMU JR East 211 series stands at Kofu station on the Chuo main line

I am very busy at work. Sorry, I can't respond to my blog readers now. I try to update my blog once every three days, but it's not easy. Today, I am going to select the old photos on my hard disk and introduce them to you instead of the latest pictures.

In June 2019, I went to Mt. Amari in Yamanashi Prefecture to see the full-blown Japanese Azalea community. That was my third visit there. Mt. Amari is located about 120 kilometers west of Tokyo. The altitude of the summit is 1,731 meters above sea level and it is famous for the large natural community of Japanese azaleas. Tangerine colored blossoms that showed up the light green colored leaves. When I visited there, it was clear and I could see the beautiful Mt. Fuji far away. It was a different experience from my previous visits in 2013 and 2014.

To get to Mt. Amari, the nearest station is Nirasaki on the JR East Chuo main line. When I visited there in 2013, my vehicle was a limited express train, the EMU 257 series, but it has already been retired from the Chuo main line. When I visited there in 2014, my vehicle was a local train, the EMU 115 series, but it has also been retired from the track and scrapped. Our vehicle this time was a local train, the EMU 211 series, which was recently transferred from the other JR East lines.

Japanese Azalea community and Mt. Fuji