Wednesday 7 December 2022

Autumn Sceneries in Akabane

EMU JR East E5 series and a torii (gate of shrine) near Akabane station 

It's December already. Time really flies. Before introducing the topics of the yearend, I'm going to keep on the subject of this autumn a bit more.

Last month, I visited Akabane in the northern part of Tokyo Metropolis, as something came up. After finishing my meeting, I enjoyed walking around JR East Akabane station. It was a clear autumn day, and a perfect season for strolling. I stopped by a shrine standing on a hill near the station. I was going to make do with non-trainspotting, but...

There was a "torii" (gate of a shrine) on the upward slope to the "honden" (main building). After walking through the gate, I took a glance backward, and found that the Shinkansen track could be contained properly within the torii. This view is picturesque, isn't it? I took my camera out... and waiting for the Shinkansen train bound for Tokyo terminal. Three minutes later, a super-express train, EMU JR East E5 series, "Hayabusa (falcon)", approached and "entered" the torii. It's now or never... shooting. Thank goodness! Please look at the top photo. I was in high spirits, and fully enjoyed this fortuitous trainspotting.

After leaving the shrine, I headed to a local Buddhist temple named Josho-ji, where visitors could see beautiful autumn leaves in the peaceful atmosphere. Leaves were turning red, yellow and brown. Representative red leaves were from maple trees. Some trees remained green. They were also beautiful. Whether it's trainspotting or non-trainspotting, I fully enjoyed the great weekend again.

Autumn leaves in Josho-ji temple