Thursday 6 July 2023

Tama Riverside Walking, Part 8: Futakoshinchi

Set 2131 of the EMU Tokyu 2020 series crosses Tama River

Here we are in the middle of the gloomy rainy season. We have been having hot and humid days, but, once the sun's rays peep through the clouds, I never fail to go out to enjoy a stroll. Following Noborito on the Odakyu line, my next destination was Futako-shinchi on the Tokyu-Denentoshi line in Kawasaki City, Kanagawa Prefecture.

After getting off the train at Futako-shinchi station, I headed to Tama River. I could see a railway bridge of a double-double track spanning between Futako-shinchi and Futako-tamagawa. There are baseball grounds, jogging paths and cycling roads on the riverbank of Futako-shinchi side. I saw many athletes there. On the other hand, I could see office buildings, shopping malls and high-rise apartments of the Futako-tamagawa area on the other side of the river. Futako-shinchi and Futako-tamagawa are in contrast to each other.

As soon as I started walking on the embankment, a 10-car train crossed the railway bridge. It was a westbound train, set number 2131 of the EMU Tokyu 2020 series. The 2020 series is composed of five motorcars and five trailers. Each motorcar has its own electric control unit. A total of 30 sets, 300 units, were built by J-TREC Yokohama factory from 2018 to 2022. The 2020 series is characterized by its unique "face". It's white and round. The crescent-shaped accent strikes my eyes. The large cowcatcher integrated with the face also stands out conspicuously.

While observing trains, I enjoyed Tama riverside walking as usual.

Baseball grounds, jogging paths and cycling roads on the riverbank