Friday 9 February 2024

Winter Scenery on the Gotemba Line

Set V9 of the EMU JR Central 313-3000 series travels on the Gotemba line

It's still cold in Tokyo, but the sunlight is getting stronger. I can't keep fidgeting at home. My next destination was the JR Central Gotemba line.

Let me review the Gotemba line. It's a local route straddling Kanagawa and Shizuoka prefectures. Connecting Kozu and Numazu, its route length is 60.2 kilometers. Both Kozu and Numazu are transfer stations for the Tokaido Main line. In other words, Gotemba line is a bypass route of the Tokaido Main line. The thing is, the Gotemba line was opened in 1889 as a part of the Tokaido Main line, but in 1934, the short cut route was opened. The former Tokaido Main line was remained for the local people after that under the new name of Gotemba line.

I got off at Matsuda station, and enjoyed walking along the foot of Shibusawa Hill. After reaching the bank of Kawaoto River, I enjoyed looking the pellucid stream, wooded hills, blue sky and railway bridge. They were diffidently beautiful, but it's lacking something. Ten minutes later, a train was approaching me. This is the one! It was JR Central's local train, EMU 313-3000 series. Five more minutes later, the other train crossed the river. It was the EMU 313-2600 series. If I remember correctly, the former has cross-seats. On the other hands, the latter has only long- seats. You may ask "So what?" Please don't say things like that.

I enjoyed the winter scenery and trains on the Gotemba line to my heart's content.

Set N2 of the EMU JR Central 313-2600 series travels on the Gotemba line